- PE is the most common sexual dysfunction in men of all ages
- It is estimated that 20% to 30% of men suffer from this condition
- There are proven treatments available, some that can get to the root cause
- Unchecked, the condition can cause anxiety, stress and relationship problems
- Balanced Medical Solutions can help patients determine the best treatment option
Premature ejaculation, also known as PE, is one of the most common forms of male sexual dysfunction and most men have been affected by it at some point in their life. It is defined as ejaculation that occurs sooner than desired, either before or shortly after penetration, causing distress to either one or both partners. Studies show that the average length of a sex act is 7.3 minutes, but an astonishing 43% of men finish (or ejaculates) in under two minutes.
The causes of premature ejaculation (PE) are not completely understood. Historically, it was thought that it was caused by psychological problems such as stress, depression, performance anxiety, guilt, an early negative sexual experience, or relationship problems. We now know that PE has a complex interaction that includes both biological as well as psychological components.
Psychological Causes of Premature Ejaculation:
- Anxiety (performance related)
- Relational problems with partner
- Unresolved conflict
Biological Causes of Premature Ejaculation:
- A hormonal imbalance, such as low testosterone
- Abnormal neurotransmitters
- Nerve damage
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Cardiovascular disease
- Prostate disease
- Illicit drug use
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Abnormal reflex activity of the ejaculatory system
Premature ejaculation is not something to worry about if it only happens occasionally, but if it is a common occurrence or is impacting your relationship or sexual wellness, then you should see a specialist at Balanced Medical Solutions and begin an individualized treatment plan to help you experience extended pleasure and take your sex life to new heights.
Shortcuts to Important Information: