- Common in men over 45, but testosterone begins to decrease around age 30
- Symptoms include low sex drive and energy levels
- Contributes to weight gain and loss of muscle definition
- Can be a root cause of certain types of sexual dysfunctions, such as erectile dysfunction (ED)
- Low-T puts men at a higher risk of Alzheimer’s and osteoporosis
- Low-T is usually treatable, including with non-synthetic options!
Testosterone is a hormone found naturally in all mammals, including humans. It’s the force behind a man’s sex drive. During puberty, testosterone helps build a man’s muscles, deepens his voice, and boosts the size of his penis and testes. In adulthood, it keeps a man’s muscles and bones strong and maintains a healthy libido and energy levels, among other important functions.
As men age, most begin to experience andropause, also known as “Male Menopause,” because men experience a change in hormonal levels as they age, similar to what happens to women. Men experience a gradual decline in testosterone and research has shown that about 40% of men over the age of 45 have low testosterone and may be experiencing fatigue, low libido, depression, weight gain, or sexual dysfunctions because of it.
Symptoms of low testosterone in men include:
- Lack of mental acuity
- Gaining weight and inability to lose weight, especially around the stomach
- Low or no libido
- Loss of muscle mass
- Sexual dysfunctions, such as the inability to get an erection (ED)
In addition, men with low testosterone levels are at a higher risk of osteoporosis, Alzheimer’s and morbidity. It can also be a precursor to the development of diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Thus, both the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists and the American Society of Andrology recommend testosterone therapy for men whose levels are below normal or borderline.
At Balanced Medical Solutions, we specialize in hormonal imbalances and provide comprehensive hormone testing and analysis for all new patients for only $99! If our medical evaluation shows that you are suffering from low testosterone, we can prescribe a tailored treatment plan unique to your body type and circumstances. Proactive patients who are suffering from Low-T and who get treatment express a significant change in their energy levels, sex drive and their ability to lose weight within a short period of time.
What are you waiting for? Make an appointment now to find out what is causing your suffering. It’s time to begin your journey back to vitality and to recover your youthful vigor and strength!
Shortcuts to Important Information: